Re: [Ceph-users] Re: MDS failing under load with large cache sizes

> Based on that message, it would appear you still have an inode limit
> in place ("mds_cache_size"). Please unset that config option. Your
> mds_cache_memory_limit is apparently ~19GB.

No, I do not have an inode limit set. Only the memory limit.

> There is another limit mds_max_caps_per_client (default 1M) which the
> client is hitting. That's why the MDS is recalling caps from the
> client and not because any cache memory limit is hit. It is not
> recommend you increase this.
Okay, this this setting isn't documented either and I did not change it,
but it's also quite clear that it isn't working. My MDS hasn't crashed
yet (without the recall settings it would have), but ceph fs status is
reporting 14M inodes at this point and the number is slowly going up.