Re: which tool to use for benchmarking rgw s3, yscb or cosbench

On 2019-07-21T23:51:41, Wei Zhao <zhao6305@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi:
>   I found cosbench is a very convenient tool for benchmaring rgw. But
> when I read papers ,  I found YCSB tool,
> https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/tree/master/s3  . It seems
> that this is used for test cloud service , and seems a right tool for
> our service . Has  anyone tried this tool ?    How is it  compared to
> cosbench ?

Depending on what you want to test/benchmark, there's also a (somewhat
simple) S3/Swift/DAV backend in the fio tool.

While that only implements somewhat straightforward GET/PUT/DELETE
operations for IO, it gives you a lot of control over the benchmark
parameters via the fio tool itself, and is very low overhead.

Another benefit is that it allows you to more or less directly compare
results across all protocols, since fio supports all the ways of
accessing Ceph (file, block, object, librados, kRBD, iSCSI, librbd
...).

Regards,
    Lars

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
"Architects should open possibilities and not determine everything." (Ueli Zbinden)