Re: New best practices for osds???

Dell has a whitepaper that compares Ceph performance using JBOD and RAID-0 per disk that recommends RAID-0 for HDD's: en.community.dell.com/techcenter/cloud/m/dell_cloud_resources/20442913/download

After switching from JBOD to RAID-0 we saw a huge reduction in latency, the difference was much more significant than that whitepaper shows. RAID-0 allows us to leverage the controller cache which has major performance improvements when used with HDD's. We also disable the disk cache on our HDD's and SSD's as we had inconsistent performance with disk cache enabled.

As always I'd suggest testing various configurations with your own hardware but I wouldn't shy away from RAID-0 simply because of "best practice".