From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Oscar Segarra <oscar.segarra@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 15 July 2019 11:55
To: ceph-users
Subject:  What if etcd is lost

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy a ceph cluster using etcd as kv store.

I'm planning to deploy a stateless etcd docker to store the data.

I'd like to know if ceph cluster will be able to boot when etcd container restarts (and looses al data written in it)

If the etcd container restarts when the ceph cluster (osd, mds, mon, mgr) is working and stable, everything will continue working or any component will stop working?

Mon's will be able to regen the keys?

Thanks a lot in advance
Óscar