Re: Ubuntu 18.04 - Mimic - Nautilus

It would appear by looking at the Ceph repo: https://download.ceph.com/
That Nautilus and Mimic are being built for Xenial and Bionic, where Luminous and Jewel are being built for Trusty and Xenial.

Then from Ubuntu in their main repos, they are publishing Jewel for Xenial, Luminous for Bionic, Mimic for Cosmic and Disco, and Nautilus for Eoan.
These packages are not updated at the bleeding edge mind you.

So there should be no issues with package availability between Nautilus and Xenial, however there should also be no impediment to moving from Xenial to Bionic as well.

I would expect to see Octopus (and likely P as well) target Bionic and whatever the 20.04 F release will be called.

Hope that clarifies things.

Reed