Re: writable snapshots in cephfs? GDPR/DSGVO

On 7/10/19 9:59 AM, Lars Täuber wrote:
> Hi everbody!
>
> Is it possible to make snapshots in cephfs writable?

As far as I'm aware: No

You would need to remove the complete snapshot and create a new one.

> We need to remove files because of this General Data Protection Regulation also from snapshots.

This goes outside the scope of Ceph, but GDPR doesn't require you to
remove the data instantly. Otherwise you also need to burn your tape
drives (should you have those) as long as you state how long you will
retain data for backup purposes.

Your use-case might be different though :-)

Oh, I'm not a lawyer either.

Wido