Re: Erasure Coding performance for IO < stripe_width

Hi Lars,

Is there a specific bench result you're concerned about?
I would think that small write perf could be kept reasonable thanks to
bluestore's deferred writes.
FWIW, our bench results (all flash cluster) didn't show a massive
performance difference between 3 replica and 4+2 EC.

I agree about not needing to read the parity during a write though.
Hopefully that's just a typo? (Or maybe there's a fast way to update
EC chunks without communicating across OSDs ?)

-- dan

-- Dan