Re: OSD's won't start - thread abort

n Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 11:09 AM Austin Workman <soilflames@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Decided that if all the data was going to move, I should adjust my jerasure ec profile from k=4, m=1 -> k=5, m=1 with force(is this even recommended vs. just creating new pools???)
>
> Initially it unset crush-device-class=hdd to be blank
> Re-set crush-device-class
> Couldn't determine if this had any effect on the move operations.
> Changed back to k=4

You can't change the EC parameters on existing pools; Ceph has no way
of dealing with that. If it's possible to change the profile and break
the pool (which given the striping mismatch you cite later seems to be
what happened), we need to fix that.
Can you describe the exact commands you ran in that timeline?