but then I run into two issues:

1. How do I actually copy/move/migrate the data from the old pool to the new pool? 2. When I'm done moving the data, how do I get rid of the old data pool? I know there's a rm_data_pool option, but I have read on the mailing list that you can't remove the original data pool from a cephfs filesystem.

The other option is to create a whole new cephfs with a new metadata pool and the new data pool, but creating multiple filesystems is still experimental and not allowed by default...

On 6/28/19 8:28 AM, Marc Roos wrote:
What about adding the new data pool, mounting it and then moving the
files? (read copy because move between data pools does not what you
expect it do)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jorge Garcia [mailto:jgarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: vrijdag 28 juni 2019 17:26
To: ceph-users
Subject: *****SPAM*****  Migrating a cephfs data pool

This seems to be an issue that gets brought up repeatedly, but I haven't
seen a definitive answer yet. So, at the risk of repeating a question
that has already been asked:

How do you migrate a cephfs data pool to a new data pool? The obvious
case would be somebody that has set up a replicated pool for their
cephfs data and then wants to convert it to an erasure code pool. Is
there a simple way to do this, other than creating a whole new ceph
cluster and copying the data using rsync?

Thanks for any clues

Jorge