Thoughts on rocksdb and erasurecode

Hi

Have been thinking a bit about rocksdb and EC pools:

Since a RADOS object written to a EC(k+m) pool is split into several minor pieces, then the OSD will receive many more smaller objects, compared to the amount it would receive in a replicated setup.

This must mean that the rocksdb will also need to handle this more entries, and will grow faster. This will have an impact when using bluestore for slow HDD with DB on SSD drives, where the faster growing rocksdb might result in spillover to slow store - if not taken into consideration when designing the disk layout.

Are my thoughts on the right track or am I missing something?

Has somebody done any measurement on rocksdb growth, comparing replica vs EC ?

/Torben