Re: Verifying current configuration values

On 6/12/19 5:51 PM, Jorge Garcia wrote:
I'm following the bluestore config reference guide and trying to change the value for osd_memory_target. I added the following entry in the /etc/ceph/ceph.conf file:

  [osd]
  osd_memory_target = 2147483648

and restarted the osd daemons doing "systemctl restart ceph-osd.target". Now, how do I verify that the value has changed? I have tried "ceph daemon osd.0 config show" and it lists many settings, but osd_memory_target isn't one of them. What am I doing wrong?

What version of ceph are you using? Here's a quick dump of one of my test OSDs from master (ignore the low memory target):

$ sudo ceph daemon osd.0 config show  | grep osd_memory_target
    "osd_memory_target": "1073741824",
    "osd_memory_target_cgroup_limit_ratio": "0.800000",

It looks to me like you may be on an older version of ceph that hasn't had the osd_memory_target code backported?

Mark