Re: OSD RAM recommendations

> I'm a bit confused by the RAM recommendations for OSD servers. I have
> also seen conflicting information in the lists (1 GB RAM per OSD, 1 GB
> RAM per TB, 3-5 GB RAM per OSD, etc.). I guess I'm a lot better with a
> concrete example:

I think it depends on the usagepattern - the more the better.
When configured the OSD daemon will use the memory as disk-caching for
reads - I have a simiar setup 7 hosts x 10TB x 12 disk - with 512GB each
This serves an "active dataset" to a HPC cluster, where it is hugely
beneficial to be able to cache the "hot data" which is 1.5TB'ish.

If your "hot" dataset is smaller, then less will do as well.

Jesper