Re: Expected IO in luminous Ceph Cluster

Hi Sinan,

thanks for the numbers. I am a little bit surprised that your SSD pool has nearly the same stats as you SAS pool.

Nevertheless I would expect our pools to perform like your SAS pool, at least regarding to writes since all our write ops should be placed on our SSDs. But since I only achieve 10% of your numbers I need to figure out my bottle neck. For now I have no clue. According to our monitoring system network bandwith, ram or cpu usage is even close to be saturated.

Could someone advice me on where to look?

Regards Felix
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich