How to fix ceph MDS HEALTH_WARN

We have been testing a new installation of ceph (mimic 13.2.2) mostly using cephfs (for now). The current test is just setting up a filesystem for backups of our other filesystems. After rsyncing data for a few days, we started getting this from ceph -s:

health: HEALTH_WARN
            1 MDSs report slow metadata IOs
            1 MDSs behind on trimming

I have been googling for solutions and reading the docs and the ceph-users list, but I haven't found a way to get rid of these messages and get back to HEALTH_OK. Some of the things I have tried (from suggestions around the internet):

- Increasing the amount of RAM on the MDS server (Currently 192 GB)
- Increasing mds_log_max_segments (Currently 256)
- Increasing mds_cache_memory_limit

The message still reports a HEALTH_WARN. Currently, the filesystem is idle, no I/O happening. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge