Re: Multiple rbd images from different clusters

Hi,

On 6/4/19 10:12 AM, CUZA Frédéric wrote:

Hi everyone,

We want to migrate datas from one cluster (Hammer) to a new one (Mimic). We do not wish to upgrade the actual cluster as all the hardware is EOS and we upgrade the configuration of the servers.

We can’t find a “proper” way to mount two rbd images from two different cluster on the same host.

Does anyone know what is the “good” procedure to achieve this ?

Just my 2 ct:

the 'rbd' commands allows specifying a configuration file (-c). You need to setup two configuration files, one for each cluster. You can also use two different cluster names (--cluster option). AFAIK the name is only used to locate the configuration file. I'm not sure how well the kernel works with mapping RBDs from two different cluster.....

If you only want to transfer RBDs from one cluster to another, you do not need to map and mount them; the 'rbd' command has the sub commands 'export' and 'import'. You can pipe them to avoid writing data to a local disk. This should be the fastest way to transfer the RBDs.

Regards,

Burkhard

--
Dr. rer. nat. Burkhard Linke