Global Data Deduplication

Hi everyone,

We are currently using Ceph as the backend for our OpenStack blockstorage. For backup of these disks we thought about also using ceph (just with hdd’s instead of ssd’s). As we will have some volumes that will be backuped daily and that will probably not change too often I searched for any possible deduplication methods for ceph.

There I noticed this paper regarding “Global Data Deduplication” (https://ceph.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ICDCS_2018_mwoh.pdf). It says “We implemented the proposed design upon open source distributed storage system, Ceph”.

Unfortunately I was not able to find any documentation for this anywhere. The only thing that seems related is the cephdeduptool.

Is there some something that I just missed? Or is it implicitly done in the background and I don’t need to care about it?

Thanks for your help

Felix

Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier.