Re: SSD Sizing for DB/WAL: 4% for large drives?

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply :)

We already have a separate NVMe SSD pool for cephfs metadata.

I agree it's much simpler & more robust not using a separate DB/WAL, but
as we have enough money for a 1.6TB SSD for every 6 HDD, so it's
tempting to go down that route. If people think a 2.2% DB/WAL is a bad
idea, we will definitely have a re-think.

Perhaps I'm being greedy for more performance; we have a 250 node HPC
cluster, and it would be nice to see how cephfs compares to our beegfs
scratch.

best regards,

Jake