From: Konstantin Shalygin
Sent: dinsdag 28 mei 2019 11:52
To: Wido den Hollander
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: *****SPAM***** Re:  BlueStore bitmap allocator
under Luminous and Mimic

________________________________

	Hi,

	With the release of 12.2.12 the bitmap allocator for BlueStore is
now
	available under Mimic and Luminous.

	[osd]
	bluestore_allocator = bitmap
	bluefs_allocator = bitmap

	Before setting this in production: What might the implications be
and
	what should be thought of?

	>From what I've read the bitmap allocator seems to be better in
read
	performance and uses less memory.

	In Nautilus bitmap is the default, but L and M still default to
stupid.

	Since the bitmap allocator was backported there must be a use-case
	use the bitmap allocator instead of stupid.

	Thanks!

	Wido

Wido, do you setted allocator to bitmap on L installations past this
months? Any improvements?