Re: How do you deal with "clock skew detected"?

since I'm using chrony instead ntpd/openntpd, I don't have clock skew anymore.

(chrony is really faster to resync)

----- Mail original -----
De: "Jan Kasprzak" <kas@xxxxxxxxxx>
À: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mercredi 15 Mai 2019 13:47:57
Objet:  How do you deal with "clock skew detected"?

Hello, Ceph users,

how do you deal with the "clock skew detected" HEALTH_WARN message?

I think the internal RTC in most x86 servers does have 1 second resolution
only, but Ceph skew limit is much smaller than that. So every time I reboot
one of my mons (for kernel upgrade or something), I have to wait for several
minutes for the system clock to synchronize over NTP, even though ntpd
has been running before reboot and was started during the system boot again.

Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/ GPG: 4096R/A45477D5 |