Combining balancer and pg auto scaler?

Hi,

with the upgrade to nautilus I was finally able to adjust the PG number for our pools. This process is still running, One pool is going to grow from 256 to 1024 PG since its content has grown significantly over the last month. As a result of the current imbalance, the OSDs ' used capacity is distributed between 41% and 87%, resulting in various little problems in the past (near full OSDs, unable to backfill etc.). I would like to use the balancer to sort this out automatically.

Is it a good idea to combine both? Auto scaler for adjusting the PG numbers, and balancer for getting a better distribution?

Regards,

Burkhard