Re: Nautilus: significant increase in cephfs metadata pool usage

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 5:33 AM Dietmar Rieder
<dietmar.rieder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/8/19 1:55 PM, Paul Emmerich wrote:
> > Nautilus properly accounts metadata usage, so nothing changed it just
> > shows up correctly now ;)
>
> OK, but then I'm not sure I understand why the increase was not sudden
> (with the update) but it kept growing steadily over days.

Tracking the amount of data used by omap (ie, the internal RocksDB)
isn't really possible to do live, and in the past we haven't done it
at all. In Nautilus, it gets stats whenever a deep scrub happens so
the omap data is always stale, but at least lets us approximate what's
in use for a given PG.

So when you upgraded to Nautilus, the metadata pool scrubbed PGs over
a period of days and each time a PG scrub finished the amount of data
accounted to the pool as a whole increased. :)
-Greg