From: Janne Johansson
Subject: Re:  rbd ssd pool for (windows) vms

Den ons 1 maj 2019 kl 23:00 skrev Marc Roos <M.Roos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

	Do you need to tell the vm's that they are on a ssd rbd pool? Or
does
	ceph and the libvirt drivers do this automatically for you?
	When testing a nutanix acropolis virtual install, I had to 'cheat'
it by
	adding this
	 <qemu:arg value='device.scsi0-0-0-1.rotation_rate=1'/>
	To make the installer think there was a ssd drive.

Being or not being on an SSD pool is a (possibly) temporary conditition,
so if the guest OS makes certain assumptions based on it, it might be
invalid an hour later.