Re: Tip for erasure code profile?

I may be wrong, but your correct with your m=6 statement.

Your need atleast K amount of shards available. If you had k=8 and m=2 equally across 2 rooms (5 each), a faidlure in either room would cause an outrage.

With M=6 your atleast getting better disk space availability than 3 replication. But not sure if you may end up with some form of split brain if just was a network issue between both sides and each side was still online and working independently. As both would technically have enough shards to continue to operate.