Re: Need some advice about Pools and Erasure Coding

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 16:19, Rainer Krienke <krienke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> - Do I still (nautilus) need two pools for EC based RBD images, one EC
> data pool and a second replicated pool for metadatata?

The answer is given at
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/rados/operations/erasure-code/#erasure-coding-with-overwrites
"...
Erasure coded pools do not support omap, so to use them with RBD and
CephFS you must instruct them to store their data in an ec pool, and
their metadata in a replicated pool
..."

Another option is using tiered pools, specially when you can dedicate
fast OSDs for that:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/rados/operations/erasure-code/#erasure-coded-pool-and-cache-tiering

--
End of message. Next message?