Re: how to judge the results? - rados bench comparison

Thanks Paul for the judgement.

Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:13:03 +0200
Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx> ==> Lars Täuber <taeuber@xxxxxxx> :
> Seems in line with what I'd expect for the hardware.
>
> Your hardware seems to be way overspecced, you'd be fine with half the
> RAM, half the CPU and way cheaper disks.

Do you mean all the components of the cluster or only the OSD-nodes?
Before making the requirements i only read about mirroring clusters. I was afraid of the CPUs being to slow to calculate the erasure codes we planned to use.

> In fakt, a good SATA 4kn disk can be faster than a SAS 512e disk.

This is a really good hint, because we just started to plan the extension.

> I'd probably only use the 25G network for both networks instead of
> using both. Splitting the network usually doesn't help.

This is something i was told to do, because a reconstruction of failed OSDs/disks would have a heavy impact on the backend network.

> Paul

Thanks again.

Lars