Re: can not change log level for ceph-client.libvirt online

Hi,

On 12.04.19 17:23, lin zhou wrote:
Hi, cephers

we have a ceph cluster with openstack.
maybe long ago, we set debug_rbd in ceph.conf and then boot vm.
but these debug config not exist in the config now.
Now we find the ceph-client.libvirt.log is 200GB.
But I can not using ceph --admin-daemon ceph-client.libvirt.asok config set debug_rbd 0/5  to change it online.

I guess if I reboot all vms in this host,the log level maybe reset.
But can I change it online ?

Just two comments:

- if you reboot the VM (e.g. running the reboot command from within the VM), you won't start a new virtual machine. It will continue to run with the current debug settings.

- you can try to do a live migration of the VMs. It will definitely start a new VM and thus use the new debug settings

Regards,

Burkhard