Re: how to trigger offline filestore merge

Hi again,

Thanks to a hint from another user I seem to have gotten past this.

The trick was to restart the osds with a positive merge threshold (10)
then cycle through rados bench several hundred times, e.g.

   while true ; do rados bench -p default.rgw.buckets.index 10 write
-b 4096 -t 128; sleep 5 ; done

After running that for awhile the PG filestore structure has merged
down and now listing the pool and backfilling are back to normal.

Thanks!

Dan