x pgs not deep-scrubbed in time

Hello, was on IRC yesterday about this and got some input, but haven't figured out a solution yet. I have a 5 node, 41 OSD cluster which currently has the warning "295 pgs not deep-scrubbed in time". The number slowly increases as deep scrubs happen. In my cluster I'm primarily using 5400 RPM 2.5" disks, and that's my general bottleneck. Processors are 8/16 core Intel® Xeon processor D-1541. 8 OSDs per node (one has 9), and each node hosts a MON, MGR and MDS.

My CPU usage is low, it's a very low traffic cluster, just a home lab. CPU usage rarely spikes around 30%. RAM is fine, each node has 64GiB, and only about 33GiB is used. Network is overkill, 2x1GbE public, and 2x10GbE cluster. Disk %util when deep scrubs are happening can hit 80%, so that seems to be my bottleneck.

I am running Nautilus 14.2.0. I've been running fine since release up to about 3 days ago where I had a disk die and replaced it.

Any suggestions on what I can do? Thank you for any suggestions.

-Michael