Re: rbd: error processing image xxx (2) No such file or directory

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 4:19 AM Nikola Ciprich
<nikola.ciprich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on one of my clusters, I'm getting error message which is getting
> me a bit nervous.. while listing contents of a pool I'm getting
> error for one of images:
>
> [root@node1 ~]# rbd ls -l nvme > /dev/null
> rbd: error processing image  xxx: (2) No such file or directory
>
> [root@node1 ~]# rbd info nvme/xxx
> rbd image 'xxx':
>     size 60 GiB in 15360 objects
>     order 22 (4 MiB objects)
>     id: 132773d6deb56
>     block_name_prefix: rbd_data.132773d6deb56
>     format: 2
>     features: layering, operations
>     op_features: snap-trash
>     flags:
>     create_timestamp: Wed Aug 29 12:25:13 2018
>
> volume contains production data and seems to be working correctly (it's used
> by VM)
>
> is this something to worry about? What is snap-trash feature? wasn't able to google
> much about it..

This implies that you are (or were) using transparent image clones and
that you deleted a snapshot that had one or more child images attached
to it. If you run "rbd snap ls --all", you should see a snapshot in
the "trash" namespace. You can also list its child images by running
"rbd children --snap-id <id from snap ls> <image-spec>".

There definitely is an issue w/ the "rbd ls --long" command in that
when it attempts to list all snapshots in the image, it is incorrectly
using the snapshot's name instead of it's ID. I've opened a tracker
ticket to get the bug fixed [1]. It was fixed in Nautilus but it
wasn't flagged for backport to Mimic.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/39081

--
Jason