From: "Wes Cilldhaire" <wes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 2 April, 2019 11:38:30 AM
Subject:  Unable to list rbd block > images in nautilus dashboard

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with the dashboard being unable to list block images. In the mimic and luminous dashboards it would take a very long time to load, eventually telling me it was showing a cached list, and after a few auto refreshes it would finally show all rbd images and their properties. In the nautilus dashboard however it just times out and never tries again, display 'Could not load data. Please check the cluster health' - cluster however reports healthy. Using the cli to retrieve information works, however it can be slow to calculate du for every image.

I know this isn't a problem with the dashboard itself but instead whatever mechanism its using under the hood to retrieve the information regarding the block images. I'm not sure what component needs to be diagnosed here though. The cluster itself is performant, VMs running from the rbd images are performant. I do have multiple rbd pools though, one on EC hdds for slow/large storage and another on replicated ssd for fast storage. Is this an issue with having multiple rbd pools? Or is this an issue with mon health? I should mention that this is a relatively small cluster of just a couple nodes, single mon, single mds, 2 rgw, 13 osd - it's basically a lab and home storage.

Thanks,
Wes Cilldhaire
Sol1
(null)