Re: Bluestore WAL/DB decisions

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 01:22:06 -0400 Erik McCormick wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Having dug through the documentation and reading mailing list threads
> until my eyes rolled back in my head, I am left with a conundrum
> still. Do I separate the DB / WAL or not.

You clearly didn't find this thread, most significant post here but read
it all:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2019-March/033799.html

In short, a 30GB DB(and thus WAL) partition should do the trick for many
use cases and will still be better than nothing.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Rakuten Communications