Re: CEPH ISCSI LIO multipath change delay

On 20/03/2019 07:43, li jerry wrote:
Hi,ALL

I’ve deployed mimic(13.2.5) cluster on 3 CentOS 7.6 servers, then configured iscsi-target and created a LUN, referring to http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rbd/iscsi-target-cli/.

I have another server which is CentOS 7.4, configured and mounted the LUN I’ve just created, referring to http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rbd/iscsi-initiator-linux/.

I’m trying to do a HA testing:

1. Perform a WRITE test with DD command

2. Stop one ‘Activate’ iscsi-target node(ini 0), DD IO hangs over 25 seconds until iscsi-target switch to another node

3. DD IO goes back normal

My question is, why it takes so long for the iscsi-target switching? Is there any settings I’ve misconfigured?

Usually it only take a few seconds to switch on the enterprise storage products.

If you mean you shutdown the entire host, if so from your description this is also running osds, so you also took out some osds serving io.

if a primary osd is not responding, clients io (in this case your iscsi target) will block until ceph marks the osd down and issue a new epoch map mapping the pg to another osd. This process is controlled by osd_heartbeat_interval(5) and osd_heartbeat_grace(20) total 25 sec which is what you observe. I do not recommend you lower them, else your cluster will be over sensitive and osds could flap under load.

Maged