Re: Move from own crush map rule (SSD / HDD) to Luminous device class

in the beginning, I create separate crush rules for SSD and HDD pool (
six Ceph nodes), following this HOWTO:

https://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/08/25/ceph-mix-sata-and-ssd-within-the-same-box/

Now I want to migrate to the standard crush rules, which comes with
Luminous. What is the procedure here ?

# ceph osd crush rule create-replicated ssdpool default-ssd host ssd
# ceph osd pool set ssd-pool crush_rule ssdpool

# ceph osd crush rule create-replicated satapool default-hdd host hdd
# ceph osd pool set sata-pool crush_rule satapool

and wait, until everything is done ?
It this case you still will be double rooted, I recommend you:

1. Assign classes to your osds.

2. Create crush rule for hdd in default root.

3. Set crush rule to your hdd pools.

4. Move your osds from default-hdd to default root.

5. When when data migration is finished and do the same for your ssds.

At Final you will be single rooted with device-classes crush rules.