Re: Replicating CephFS between clusters

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the quick replies!

So making snapshots and rsyncing them between clusters should work, I'll be sure to check that out. Snapshot mirroring is what we'd need, but I couldn't find any release date on nautilus, and we don’t really have time to wait for its release.

Some number would be definitely would come useful to approximate the upper limit on snapshots, as we do intend to keep some to serve as 'checkpoints'. Currently we're snapshotting every 15 minutes, but only keep one snapshot a day long-term. We delete snapshots older than a month, this means we have about 200 snapshots at any given time, so I think this'll work for us.

How does having multiple ranks in CephFS influence snapshots? Is it a kind of 'no-no', like having multiple filesystems?

Thanks again for your answers.

Best,
Balazs