Re: Ceph OSD: how to keep files after umount or reboot vs tempfs ?

Ok thank you for confirmation Burkhard

I’m trying this

Vincent

De : ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Burkhard Linke
Envoyé : mardi 19 février 2019 13:20
À : ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [ceph-users] Ceph OSD: how to keep files after umount or reboot vs tempfs ?

Hi,

On 2/19/19 11:52 AM, PHARABOT Vincent wrote:

Hello Cephers,

I have an issue with OSD device mount on tmpfs with bluestore

For some occasion, I need to keep the files on the tiny bluestore fs (especially keyring and may be other useful files needed for osd to work) on a working OSD

Since osd partition is mount as tmpfs , these files are deleted once VM rebooted or even when umount

Is there a way to have a persistent storage for those files instead of tmpfs ?

I could copy them in another location and copy back once rebooted, but this seems very odd

Those files are generated on osd activation from information stored in LVM metadata. You do not need an extra external storage for the information any more.

Regards,

Burkhard Linke

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer at 3DS.compliance-privacy@xxxxxxx

For other languages, go to https://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer