Re: Placing replaced disks to correct buckets.

Hi David

Removal process/commands ran as follows:

#ceph osd crush reweight osd.<OSD NR> 0
#ceph osd out <OSD NR>
#systemctl stop ceph-osd@<OSD NR>
#umount /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-<OSD NR>

#ceph osd crush remove osd.<OSD NR>
#ceph auth del osd.<OSD NR>
#ceph osd rm <OSD NR>
#ceph-disk zap /dev/sd??

Adding them back on:

We skipped stage 1 and replaced the UUIDs of old disks with the new ones in the policy.cfg
We ran salt '*' pillar.items and confirmed that the output was correct. It showed the new UUIDs in the correct places.
Next we ran salt-run state.orch ceph.stage.3
PS: All of the above ran successfully.

The output of ceph osd tree showed that these new disks are currently in a ghost bucket, not even under root=default and without a weight.

The first step I then tried was to reweight them but found errors below:
Error ENOENT: device osd.<OSD NR> does not appear in the crush map
Error ENOENT: unable to set item id 39 name 'osd.39' weight 5.45599 at location {host=veeam-mk2-rack1-osd3,rack=veeam-mk2-rack1,room=veeam-mk2,root=veeam}: does not exist

But when I run the command: ceph osd find <OSD NR>
v-cph-admin:/testing # ceph osd find 39
{
"osd": 39,
"ip": "143.160.78.97:6870\/24436",
"crush_location": {}
}

Please let me know if there's any other info that you may need to assist

Regards
J.
>>> David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx> 2019/02/18 17:08 >>>
Also what commands did you run to remove the failed HDDs and the commands you have so far run to add their replacements back in?