Re: Bluestore HDD Cluster Advice

Okay that makes more sense, I didn't realize the WAL functioned in a similar manner to filestore journals (though now that I've had another read of Sage's blog post, New in Luminous: BlueStore, I notice he does cover this). Is this to say that writes are acknowledged as soon as they hit the WAL?

Also this raises another question regarding sizing. The Ceph documentation suggests allocating as much available space as possible to blocks.db but what about WAL? We'll have 120GB per OSD available on each SSD. Any suggestion on how we might divvy that between the WAL and DB?