Re: compacting omap doubles its size

Sorry for the late response on this, but life has been really busy over the holidays.

We compact our omaps offline with the ceph-kvstore-tool.  Here [1] is a copy of the script that we use for our clusters.  You might need to modify things a bit for your environment.  I don't remember which version this functionality was added to ceph-kvstore-tool, but it exists in 12.2.4.  We need to do this because our OSDs get marked out when they try to compact their own omaps online.  We run this script monthly and then ad-hoc as we find OSDs compacting their own omaps live.

[1] https://gist.github.com/drakonstein/4391c0b268a35b64d4f26a12e5058ba9