Re: change OSD IP it uses

All fixed was partly with the above, and partly me just missing something.

Thanks all for your help!

,Ash

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 10:46 PM Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The IP that an OSD (or other non-monitor daemon) uses normally depends on
what IP is used by the local host to reach the monitor(s).  If you want
your OSDs to be on a different network, generally the way to do
that is to move the monitors to that network too.

You can also try the public_network option, which lets you specify a CIDR
network (e.g., "10.0.0.0/8").  The OSD (or other daemon) will look at all
IPs bound to the local host and pick one that is contained by that network
(or by one of the networks in the list--you can list multiple networks).

Recreating the OSD isn't necessary or related; the daemon picks a new
IP and port each time it is started.

HTH,
sage