Re: Using Cephfs Snapshots in Luminous

Le lundi 12 novembre 2018 à 15:31 +0100, Marc Roos a écrit :
> > > is anybody using cephfs with snapshots on luminous? Cephfs
> > > snapshots are declared stable in mimic, but I'd like to know
> > > about the risks using them on luminous. Do I risk a complete
> > > cephfs failure or just some not working snapshots? It is one
> > > namespace, one fs, one data and one metadata pool.
> > >

> > For luminous, snapshot in single mds setup basically works.
> > But snapshot is complete broken in multiple setup.
> >

> Single active mds not? And hardlinks are not supported with
> snapshots?

What's the final feeling on snapshots ?
* Luminous 12.2.10 on Debian stretch
* ceph-fuse clients
* 1 active MDS, some standbys
* single FS, single namespace, no hardlinks
* will probably create nested snapshots, ie. /1/.snaps/first and
/1/2/3/.snaps/nested
* will use the facility through VirtFS from within VMs, where ceph-fuse
runs on the host server

What's the risk of using that experimental feature (as said in [1]) ?
* losing snapshots ?
* losing the main/last contents ?
* losing some directory trees, entire filesystem ?
* other ?

TIA,

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/cephfs/experimental-features/#sn
apshots