Re: crush map has straw_calc_version=0 and legacy tunables on luminous

For future reference I found these 2 links which answer most of the questions:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/

https://www.openstack.org/assets/presentation-media/Advanced-Tuning-and-Operation-guide-for-Block-Storage-using-Ceph-Boston-2017-final.pdf

We have about 250TB (x3) in our cluster so I am leaning toward not changing things at this point because it sounds like there will be a significant amount of data movement involved for not a lot in return.

If anyone knows of a strong reason I should change the tunables profile away from what I have…then please let me know so I don’t end up running the cluster in a sub-optimal state for no reason.

Thanks,

Shain

--

Shain Miley | Manager of Systems and Infrastructure, Digital Media | smiley@xxxxxxx | 202.513.3649