Bluestore deploys to tmpfs?

Hi all,

I'm just in the process of migrating my 3-node Ceph cluster from
BTRFS-backed Filestore over to Bluestore.

Last weekend I did this with my first node, and while the migration went
fine, I noted that the OSD did not survive a reboot test: after
rebooting /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-0 was completely empty and
/etc/init.d/ceph-osd.0 (I run OpenRC init on Gentoo) would refuse to start.

https://stuartl.longlandclan.id.au/blog/2019/01/28/solar-cluster-adventures-in-ceph-migration/

I managed to recover it, but tonight I'm trying with my second node.
I've provisioned a temporary OSD (plugged in via USB3) for it to migrate
to using BlueStore.  The ceph cluster called it osd.4.

One thing I note is that `ceph-volume` seems to have created a `tmpfs`
mount for the new OSD:

> tmpfs on /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-4 type tmpfs (rw,relatime)

Admittedly this is just a temporary OSD, tomorrow I'll be blowing away
the *real* OSD on this node (osd.1) and provisioning it again using
BlueStore.

I really don't want the ohh crap moment I had on Monday afternoon (as
one does on the Australia Day long weekend) frantically digging through
man pages and having to do the `ceph-bluestore-tool prime-osd-dir` dance.

I think mounting tmpfs for something that should be persistent is highly
dangerous.  Is there some flag I should be using when creating the
BlueStore OSD to avoid that issue?
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...