Mix hardware on object storage cluster

Hi Cephers,

We are managing a cluster where all machines have the same hardware. The cluster is used only for object storage. We are planning to increase nodes number. Those new nodes have better hardware than the old ones. If we only add those nodes as regular nodes to cluster we are not use the full power right? what could be the best way to take advantage of this new and better hardware?

After read the docs these are possible options:

- Change primary affinity:
- Cache tiering: I dont really like this comment on the docs "Cache tiering will degrade performance for most workloads".
- Change osd weight: I think this is more oriented to disk space on every node.

Do I have some other options?

--
Félix Barbeira.