Re: Using Ceph central backup storage - Best practice creating pools

AFAIK, the only AAA available with librados works on a pool granularity
So, if you create a ceph user with access to your pool, he will get
access to all the content stored in this pool

If you want to use librados for your use case, you will need to
implement, on your code, the application logic required for your
security needs

So, to answer precisely:
"How can I identify a backup created by client A that I want to restore
on another client Z?"
You cannot, a client will get access to all the content of the pool,
including others' backup (which are keys, at the rados level)

"Would it be possible on client Z to identify this backup file by
filename? If yes, how?"
On the rados level, AFAIK, there is no metadata associated with key
So you have to includes those informations on the key name (the key are
what you are calling "backup", "file" etc)

Regards,