Re: Filestore OSD on CephFS?

Burkhard:
Thank you, this is literally what I was looking for.  A VM with RBD images attached was my first choice (and what we do for a test and integration lab today), but am trying to give as much possible space to the underlying cluster without having to frequently add/remove OSDs and rebalance the “sub-cluster”.  I didn’t think about a loopback-mapped file on CephFS — but at that point, to your point, I might as well use RBD.  :-)

To be clear, I know the question comes across as ludicrous.  It *seems* like this is going to work okay for the light workload use case that I have in mind — I just didn’t want to risk impacting the underlying cluster too much or hit any other caveats that perhaps someone else has run into before.  I doubt many people have tried CephFS as a Filestore OSD since in general, it seems like a pretty silly idea.

Thanks,

--
Kenneth Van Alstyne
Systems Architect

Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is STRICTLY prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.