Re: cephfs kernel client instability

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:27 AM Kjetil Joergensen <kjetil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you could try reducing "osd map message max", some code paths that end up as -EIO (kernel: libceph: mon1 *** io error) is exceeding include/linux/ceph/libceph.h:CEPH_MSG_MAX_{FRONT,MIDDLE,DATA}_LEN.
>
> This "worked for us" - YMMV.

Kjetil, how big is your cluster?  Do you remember the circumstances
of when you started seeing these errors?

Andras, please let us know if this resolves the issue.  Decreasing
"osd map message max" for large clusters can help with the overall
memory consumption and is probably a good idea in general, but then
these kernel client limits are pretty arbitrary, so we can look at
bumping them.

Thanks,

                Ilya