Re: RBD Mirror Proxy Support?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:10 AM Kenneth Van Alstyne
<kvanalstyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Jason — I was actually thinking of emailing you directly, but thought it may be beneficial to keep the conversation to the list so that everyone can see the thread.   Can you think of a reason why one-way RBD mirroring would not work to a shared tertiary cluster?  I need to build out a test lab to see how that would work for us.

I guess I don't understand what the tertiary cluster is doing? If the
goal is to replicate from cluster A -> cluster B -> cluster C, that is
not currently supported since (by design choice) we don't currently
re-write the RBD image journal entries from the source cluster to the
destination cluster but instead just directly apply the journal
entries to the destination image (to save IOPS).

--
Jason