Re: (no subject)

I've done something similar. I used a process like this:

ceph osd set noout
ceph osd set nodown
ceph osd set nobackfill
ceph osd set norebalance
ceph osd set norecover

Then I did my work to manually remove/destroy the OSDs I was replacing, brought the replacements online, and unset all of those options. Then the I/O world collapsed for a little while as the new OSDs were backfilled.

Some of those might be redundant and/or unnecessary. I'm not a ceph expert. Do this at your own risk. Etc.

jonathan