Re: ceph health JSON format has changed sync?

	Hello, Ceph users,

I am afraid the following question is a FAQ, but I still was not able
to find the answer:

I use ceph --status --format=json-pretty as a source of CEPH status
for my Nagios monitoring. After upgrading to Luminous, I see the following
in the JSON output when the cluster is not healthy:

        "summary": [
            {
                "severity": "HEALTH_WARN",
                "summary": "'ceph health' JSON format has changed in luminous. If you see this your monitoring system is scraping the wrong fields. Disable this with 'mon health preluminous compat warning = false'"
            }
        ],

Apart from that, the JSON data seems reasonable. My question is which part
of JSON structure are the "wrong fields" I have to avoid. Is it just the
"summary" section, or some other parts as well? Or should I avoid
the whole ceph --status and use something different instead?

What I want is a single machine-readable value with OK/WARNING/ERROR meaning,
and a single human-readable text line, describing the most severe
error condition which is currently present. What is the preferred way to
get this data in Luminous?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

Check this [1] changeset for ceph_dash and this [2] for check_ceph_dash. This should answer your question.

[1] https://github.com/Crapworks/ceph-dash/pull/57/files

[2] https://github.com/Crapworks/check_ceph_dash/pull/5/files