Re: Migration of a Ceph cluster to a new datacenter and new IPs

I'd do it like this:

* create 2 new mons with the new IPs
* update all clients to the 3 new mon IPs
* delete two old mons
* create 1 new mon
* delete the last old mon

I think it's easier to create/delete mons than to change the IP of an
existing mon. This doesn't even incur a downtime for the clients
because they get notified about the new mons.

For the OSDs: stop OSDs, change IP, start OSDs

Don't change the IP of a running OSD, they don't like that

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io